The Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro is seeking a qualified, outgoing professional to fill a Part Time Front Desk Agent Position. Shifts include 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm. Flexible schedule required including weekends and holidays.
Position is responsible for all front desk functions. Must have good communication skills & be familiar with local area. Computer skills required. Strong customer service skills required. PRIOR HOTEL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. Must be able perform job duties in a fast-paced environment.
4 Chalet Road
Middleboro, MA 02346
Front Desk Associates are the "FACE" of our Hotel. You are serving guest at the front desk while providing the highest level of service possible in an efficient, courteous and professional manner by following Jiten Hotel Managements standards and that of your Brand Standards of the Responsibilities, Guidelines and procedures below and in your companies' handbook.
• Report to work on time, in proper and clean uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and grooming must conform to standard.
• Handle all duties according to hotel policies, procedures, internal rules and standards. Conform to cash handling procedures at all times.
• Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check daily event sheet, bulletin boards and be up to date with all changes, new procedures and events.
• Have knowledge about room rates, packages, discounts and promotions and know how to handle each.
• Have knowledge about guest rooms, locations, amenities, features, and all other services offered by the hotel.
• Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
• Answer the phones according to the standards of proper etiquette and as fast as possible no more than three rings.
• Greet and register guests and provide assignments accommodating special requests whenever possible. Assist in pre-registration and blocking of reservations.
• Have working knowledge of reservations and procedures, take reservations, and know the cancellation procedures and the walk policy.
• Handle guest check-ins and check-outs efficiently and in a friendly and professional manner.
• Communicate with incoming shift by logging pertinent information in the Pass on Log.
• Ensure that all cash, check, and misc. departments are in balance at the end of each shift.
• Check all credit cards to ensure they are valid. Use Telecheck cashing services to ensure all checks are valid.
• Keep Housekeeping informed of any special requests, late check-outs and special need areas in the hotel.
• Receive and transmit mail, phone and written messages for guests on a confidential basis.
• Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, shopping, dining, and entertainment and travel directions.
• Post any and all charges that pertain to a guest bill (individual, group master, or city ledger accounts), collect payment and make change for hotel guests following all cash procedures.
• Handle special service requests including securing of guest valuables in safety deposit boxes.
• Be very knowledgeable of the hotels brand priority members program.
• Have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures
• Be aware of new potential sales contacts through guest interaction and report the information to the Sales Department.
• Be able to move luggage or packages weighing up to 30 pounds
• Ensure the cleanliness of the front desk and back office area at all times. Utilize spare time for cleaning. Keep computer equipment clean at all times.
• Adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.
• Other duties, as assigned, which the employee is capable of performing.
• Assist all guests in problems and questions as required. Ensure that all guest problems are resolved by using the procedures the management team and company have established.
• Have knowledge about all emergency procedures and know how to act on them.
• Be flexible in regard to your work schedule.
• Be familiar with the AM, PM and night daily checklist to ensure smooth daily operations.